Monday, January 24, 2005

Suit and Tie Affair

I am starting this post at 3:48 AM, I’m just getting back from Rickey’s and I’m starting to think that things are looking up for once. I’m starting to think that I might finally be in a place where I’m happy, where I can get some long needed rest.

In my mind I am starting to see what Rickey means and I am thinking more and more that Rickey is always right, matter of a fact that only he and Desiree are always right. But let me say what’s been going on for the past few days since my last post. I planned this dinner which started out as a spur of the moment thing to take the place of the dinner we had planned for the 18th of January. Of course as stated in the last post, that fell through.

The dinner was scheduled to happen at 5:00 PM, and I think the only reason it worked at all was because of the fact that Desiree kind of picked the time out for me. If I had anything to do with it, then you can bet it will go straight to hell.

The catch about this night was, there wasn’t just going to be this fun filled little dinner time romp, there was formal dress required, suit and tie, that kind of shit. I wore my brand new suit, its navy blue, double breasted and I love it. The most comfortable thing I’ve ever worn in the way of suits. I’m thinking about wearing it again just for the hell of it.

I had invited Mandi but she had nothing to wear, Des' friend Jamie was out of town, Ruth was busy I think, Brandon was also out of town, Hannah had no money, Lauren was out of town, Casey and Chanele just seemed uninterested. So the group came down to as follows: Rickey, Brenton, Me, Nicole, Desiree, Jen and Eddie.

Rickey wore a suit that I want to say was a dark green, I can’t remember that well, but he looked like he usually does, fancy and natural. I know I don’t look natural in a suit, I guess I just have no class.

Nicole and Jen wore these business suit things, they looked like women from the DA’s office or something like that, but it was a good look on them. Especially Jen, since she let her hair down and it was really pretty, she keeps it hidden under a hat all of the time. Sad.

Desiree wore this really nice black almost tank top thing, really figure flattering since she has a nice one and she looked even more classy than normal, which is already a pretty high around of class. I could sit here and draw some shitty diagram in paint about class, and I think I will. But later…

Eddie kind of messed us over, he was in just a regular button up shirt and cargo pants—not exactly dress attire, but oh well, at least the three of us were suited up—because Brenton was in a suit too…

Okay, never mind describing all of these clothes, Brenton was in a suit, it was some color and all of the ladies were like “OoOOOoooOO BRENTON J00 SH0 S3XI3…Yeah, they said it just like that, in 1337 speak.

Besides I can show you pictures sometime people, just ask for them, I’m not going to jew my bandwidth up with pictures all over my stuff.

So all the clothes aside, we went to Carabas—I think I spelled that right. And it was good, there was some good conversation and as usual I didn’t finish my food. Earlier tonight I tried to say that when I go with Desiree anywhere that I don’t finish what I have, but in all actuality it just that way when I go out, this school has me fucked up.

After dinner we all went to Best Buy, Desiree got some country CDs and low and behold, one of them had a song I liked on it. It was kind of jazzy and cool and stuff, I’m not afraid to admit I can’t hate all of any genre, that’s just dumb and petty.

So we came back to the dorms and there was all of this discussion about music in the car between Eddie and Rickey, well Desiree and I just kind of stayed quiet in the front, she was driving.

Once we were firmly back at the dorm Desiree went and changed, and we walked over to Eddie’s to find Rickey and Eddie who were supposed to be there. But they had headed to Rickey’s. We went there, decided we wanted ice cream, so she and I went and got Chanele and went with her to some Cold Stone, this ice cream place by the school, very good, I saved some.

To cut a long story short, we came back, dropped Chanele off, watched some Aqua Teen Hunger Force, went to Rickey’s watched Requiem, Eddie pissed me off by being annoying and then I walked Desiree back to her place, went to my place to find Angel and found out it was missing.

That’s when I went back to Rickey’s and found out that Rickey had some stuff to say about Desiree and I, well the talk lasted a while, CJ showed up and got caught up and they both told me everything I should do. The funny thing is that most of it was stuff I should do regardless, just the kind of stuff that self betterment is made of.

Today, was a blur, mindless and relentless in the way it passed. The only thing that sticks out is going to talk to Desiree tonight, I don’t have to divulge all of that here, I’ll just say it went well, and I’m happy to have a friend as good as her.

Now I have to try to remember what I need to do tomorrow, there’s a lot of stuff that I have on my plate and some of it is really important, like switching my English class. College is too exciting, I love it here, I never want things to change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogger, Very informative. Great to see such that fresh sites are still out there. If you know anything about boy fancy dress or boy fancy dress feel free to send a post onto my blog. Thanks again

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, your post on Suit and Tie Affair was a catchy read, i spent a good half hour scanning through it all. If you would like to view your opinions on lady fancy dress please feel free to add a post onto my blogspot. Thanks