Thursday, January 20, 2005

Back In The Swing

It’s been a good day, I have been pleasantly surprised with what’s gone on today. Besides the little thing with my phone being out of commission for most of the day things went fine. I seem to have an Art History class, the only thing more boring than regular history is in fact art history.

Someone should just pass out crack before the class, that way we’re at least awake for the shots of hellacious boredom right in the face. But the good thing is, there’s only one class tomorrow for me, Politics and Media. I am the youngest person in that class so its kind of going to be up hill for me trying to get them to take me seriously.

Not much really happened today, I saw more of Rickey, Brenton, and CJ—then of course for the first time since I got back I saw Lauren and Hannah. The hostility of the weeks prior to the Holidays seems to gone. I can’t get too mad at someone who gave me gifts.

Probably the highlight of my day was going over to see Mandi after dinner, if you don’t know; Mandi is the girl from my Anthropology class last semester. I just had a urge to see how she was, and I was glad to see her well and have a nice long conversation with her.

She’s probably one of the prettiest girls I met last semester, the kind of pretty that doesn’t have to try. But I don’t think I thought of it going anywhere other than gaining a new friend. I might ask her out, see what she says. But I’m not expecting a breakthrough.

I haven’t seen Desiree since a while back, I kind of wish I had my phone earlier so that I could call her. I will try to see her tomorrow, at least for a little while. She’s a good friend and I don’t want to jeopardize that by doing anything stupid. Friends like her are hard to come by.

In the way of my writing I have been working on the same short story for a little over two weeks now, it features the secondary characters, most of which are recently entering into the story. In the lime light are Rickey and Allison’s characters. Kudos.

A lot of other characters will appear too, along with the regulars, so no one worry about me scrapping the oldies.

I’m cutting this entry short, aren’t you so proud of me? I mean why can’t all of the shit I write be this short?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haaaaaaaa. you call this short ? you're obviously a writer, anybody can tell because your blogs don't tell about your day in five words including something like what you bought at the mall and who Britney's talking to now and that sort of thing. you spent more than five minutes thinking about what you were going to write.

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

Actually this is how I write in here on a normal day. It looks way shorter on my xanga account. Which is good because this looks all intimidating and stuff.

I don't think about more than the first line and maybe the entry title, the rest is just writing. And there are times when I just rant on and on about some bullshit.

Then there are others when I talk about my day and the teeny angst comes flooding out. But I don't like to be all angsty like that Em, you should know that by now.