Monday, January 31, 2005

Okay, So I Guess They Can Visit....

I’ve laid down arms in the fighting on the message board, as you can probably tell by the fact that I haven’t gone mad already. A lot of things have happened since I last wrote a real entry in this thing. As you can probably tell, I have started something new that may make an appearance from time to time, they’re called random thoughts and I’ll post them when I have them and remember to post them, which probably won’t be too often.

Now on to things that have happened since the last time I jotted anything down in this mess of thoughts I call a blog. My parents came into town on this past Saturday…yeah I know what you’re thinking, disaster, right?

On the contrary, it was actually very fun, Brenton, Rickey and Desiree came with me and my parents to dinner. I was very happy with the way things turned out. Especially with Desiree, for my mom to like any girl that I hang out with is unheard of. But Desi seems to have a quality that most girls don’t she can play right to the occasion, most people don’t have that skill.

Rickey, my dad and I all had the one pound hamburgers, and that is more than most people would ever eat. It’s so easy to tell that America is all about excess when you can go into a place and eat more meat than some people see in a week. Ah, God bless the USA.

But on a serious note, I really have to say that I am proud to have friends like them, and not just them. I’ve come out with a sensible group of friends that I don’t have to worry about doing something dumb and getting me into trouble. They’re nice people that know when to act what way. I love my friends, I can honestly say that.

Yes I still love my friends at home, but its harder to bond with people here, I mean you’re around them every day, there’s no distribution of all of us to keep us from getting under each other’s skin. It’s harder to form and keep friendships here, I feel like I’m losing some friends already.

I’m partly scared for next year, Alicia, Debra and Mandi will be gone. I really don’t want Mandi to go, she’s just a really fun girl, we went to dinner tonight and it was a lot of fun. I got to really act just like I normally do and I was so much more comfortable than normal.

I think I finally found that happy medium in my personality. See that’s what the fight on the bulletin board was about, they were saying I was too nice so they kept flaming me for being a nice person. It bothered me at first, but then I realized that these people are angry little teens who think that cruelty to women will make them somehow cooler, they think that because they are nerdy and can’t make friends that are girls in real life, they should flame someone that can. Some of them might even think that their girlfriend has them under her control so they get on the net and abuse any girl on there just as a way to prove to their ego they’re still something.

Well only fifteen days until that dreaded holiday, Valentines day…maybe this year I will give it another try. I might get something for someone, even though I think the day is a gimmick. No matter what, getting something for someone you care about isn’t ever a waste or a gimmick. Just my take on things.

Real Quick there’s going to be a new link on the blog for all the people looking at the blogger version, its going to go to Brandon’s blog, he’s my roommate. Hmm, that seems to be that….

I’m out like the fat kid in dodge ball.

No comments: