Monday, January 29, 2007

There's A Polite Way To Do This

It's not secret that I am not feeling all that good right now, and I am being honest. But I try to be nice with people on a one on one basis, just because. I'm trying to get out and meet new people, talk to them and that kind of thing. But it doesn't make sense why someone has to be so pissy when I just try to hold conversation with them. Especially when the conversation boils down to something small and nothing you should even get upset over. I'm sorry that you didn't want to talk right then, but you could have said that as soon as I started talking, or at least said it in a nice way.



And then we get to the point that you are online, on AIM and not even away or idle. I mean I understand there are reasons to be on and not want to talk, but put up an away or idle. I would rather have to see that and get ignored than have you get pissed and threaten to get mad at me for a ten message exchange in which I did nothing wrong other than show common interest in what you were doing.



People keep trying to tell me that humans are mostly good, I don't see it. All I see is assholes wearing masks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey now, just cuz one redhead is a bitch to you doesnt mean im an asshole in a mask,

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

this one wasn't a redhead, this was someone else, brunette with glasses. She flipped out on me because I was talking to her about games while she was playing a game.

Anonymous said...

well... you gotta look at it from a gamer's point of view. when they're playing a game especially if it's a pc game, you send a message to them and the whole game lags... and it pretty much sucks. don't take it personally. Yeah, it might've been her fault for not saying that she was playing a game to begin with but all gamers would react the way she did.

Even if people in general are mean to you, I think it's better to just dust off the haters and keep smiling in the end. If you let their negativity get to you, then you're accomplishing their goal... plus it's much healthier to be happy. I believe in this mindset even more so now that I work at the restaurant. Working as a hostess, I meet a lot of nice people from time to time but I deal with a lot of angry, irritated, just plain ol' rude people. It's just best not to let those kind of people bring you down because you know you're trying your best whether it's working as a hostess or just being a friend.