Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sliding Doors

This was written by Persephanie, seems strangely similar to my plight right about now. I told her that, but not the exact details of everything. Well tell me what you think. This was originally posted on myspace.



You might be wondering what I meant by "sliding doors". There are many times in a person's life where one ponders on the idea of the "What ifs". What if the south won in the Civil War? What if Kerry won against Bush? What if you break up? What if you don't get into the college of your dreams? What if something happens beyond your control, and you aren't prepared for it? There are endless "what ifs" in a person's lifetime, but how do we handle them?



Recently, something has made me think of the sliding door metaphor. The door can open one way or the other, yet I have no choice in the situation. I become the spectator, observing my life transforming while my feet are cemented into the floor not allowing me to make any moves. However, despite the fact that we can't see what the future holds for us, we can do one thing: keep our chin up.



I know this is corny, but we cannot give up, we cannot stop fighting the good fight, we cannot let the "what ifs" bring us down. Never. Keep on smiling, laughing, and living. The worst thing in life is allowing something or someone kick us so hard in the ass that it kills the inside of our hearts, minds, and souls. Like I say, I'm no superman and I can't do this all on my own, but hell, I'm going to try my damned best to win, whether it's the war or just a small battle. And the battle can just be proving the world that you've got what it takes to stay on your feet.

No comments: