Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Days Like These

Well this might be the first time in a while that I actually write something substantial in this damn thing, I'd like to for one thing apologize for not keeping up with my friends blogs around here. I have been kind of indisposed lately and its been hard for me to get on and read and respond all of the time. Don't worry, I will try to catch up.



Today was hectic, Not much really hapened until about 4 pm when I got a text from Allison that her purse had been stolen. I felt really bad so I went out and got her some flowers and a new purse. I feel like she's the only person around here I can really compare things with and talk about to when stuff is happening. Everyone else seems to be unconcerned but she really listens, so when she's not doing well or there's some problem I feel like I just need to give something in return.



You have to imagine how I felt carrying a purse around inside of the store, a man with a purse. I felt so odd that I went and grabbed a basket and a couple of other things to balance the purse out. I was really just trying to hide it but there were some things that I needed to grab from the store. Most of it was just drinks, I haven't had cokes in this place that I could drink in ages.



So when I got back from the store with all of the stuff she wasn't at home, but just as I went to walk off from the door of her place I ran into her and went inside for a bit. There was a big Stargate marathon on that she wanted to watch so I sat and watched it with her until it started to rain. It's been so long since I've seen rain, I mean good hard rain. We went out in it and ran around, played some and got wet just for the hell of it.



We ended up talking over to my place so she could get the flowers, they were in a cup to help them keep. We got here so soaked that we were practically wet from head to toe. We had just been kind of silly with it, but it was fun. Probably the first time I've felt really okay in a long time. We dried off when we got here and covered up in blankets on the couch to finish the marathon over here. She had to go around 11 because she had an early class. But today felt really good. Here's to days like this and the hope that there will be many more.



I meant to link to this art account yesterday, but I didn't so here it is.

2 comments:

Danger said...

That's a really nice story. It kind of reminds me when Luke took me on a date a long time ago and we had so many adventures and played in the rain and jumped in puddles. It was great.
You sound like you're being a great friend to Allison, too. And she does the same for you. I like it when there are happy things in the world. Keep up the happiness Justin!

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

Yeah its nice to have a friend around again, she was gone for 8 months so I really missed having some one to hang out with.