Tuesday, February 21, 2012

When in Rome

I hate that I feel like no one really wants what I have to offer. They don’t care to give me a chance, not a real one. And it seems like being nice and working hard isn’t what matters anymore. It’s hard when you don’t even think you matter and as much as you think you shouldn’t feel like it. You do. I look at how things have been going around and I see people who do everything wrong win out and its not how things should be.

But what’s the benefit of doing the right thing when you feel like shit and have nothing to show for it? I’ve felt like this before, but that should be a lesson to me. I keep trying to be the good one, the nice one, the one who wants to be there for others and most of the time it gets shit on. On the off chance that someone appreciates it or reciprocates then its nice. But its far outweighed by the other times.

I used to bitch on here all of the time about how unfair it was and the only thing that I can change is myself. So why do I keep struggling against the current to do everything right and be good? Why is it so hard to give up on a dead ideology and do what the rest of the world does? 

No comments: