Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fixer Upper

I try to be truthful when it comes to giving others my opinion when asked. Scratch that. I will give my opinion when not even asked if I feel that the occasion warrants it. So in dealing with one of my good friends and his obsession with a nearly unresponsive woman I’ve stated in almost every conversation where she is brought up that it’s a bad idea to date someone based on potential.

What I mean by that is that if you look at a person as a fixer upper there might be a problem. Someone having potential they’re cashing in on themselves is fine.The key word here is themselves. If you’re running a rescue operation to make them into what you want them to be or what you think they should be its not right.

I have a bit of a date tomorrow and the big thing is that the girl isn’t someone I see as a potential project. She’s someone I want to be with because she’s already in a good place (at least that’s how she seems).

No comments: