Friday, September 04, 2009

Out of ideas

Well for me, anything I would say right here and all, I am drawing a blank and I want to keep my daily posting regiment so I will post the first post of an RP I did and I think turned out well. Sorry if I get a better idea it will be next post!

Four days ago you received a letter, a letter that pulled you from your respective homes to the mountains of Colorado.


A driving snow had covered Malebranche, Colorado in only a matter of hours. This was not the kind of trouble that the letter had promised. The roads were impassable; the town had trapped all the residents inside.


The town had trapped you too.


At least the electrical lines hadn’t sagged down with ice yet and inside of the Warthog Pub it was warm. Splashes of watery remains from the melted snow formed a trail from the door and the sounds of boots on hardwood floors filled the air.


There was a moderate crowd in the Pub tonight. Mary, the bar tender, was telling stories of her drunken days at the University of Denver. Others had settled in over beer, burgers or nachos to talk about their day’s activities and share a laugh.


But this isn’t the carnage and destruction you were promised. The letter spoke of a demonic blood bath of epic proportions. The only thing epic here seemed to be the cold, the storm outside, and possibly the number of drunken sexual encounters that Mary had.


Malebranche seemed all too ordinary.

No comments: