Monday, April 18, 2011

A Waste of Time

I’ve decided that I pretty much want out of the online discussions about most shows I watch. I can’t handle the total abundance of stupidity people have for the material they’re watching and the fact that their opinions don’t drive the show.

You can ask someone for a fact about a show or book or movie and get something that never happened and is completely embellished by their need for X. I could sit here and give examples and break down the difference between what you think and want to happen and what actually has happened. I could talk about how the motivations given in the source material are more than likely right when they are given at all and just because it makes something you want look more likely, doesn’t mean anyone else is going to buy what you’re selling.

But really the issue isn’t all of that, it isn’t even that I think only my opinion is right or that I care so little for the opinions of most people on most things. Its just that half of the discussions amount to arguments about feelings and I don’t want to argue with someone about how I feel over something so asinine.

No comments: