Saturday, April 09, 2011

Phases

I am starting to see that the more I have to do and the more I have on my plate the easier it becomes to sort out what I like doing and what’s important. I have limited time during the week when I’m off work so I don’t typically want to bullshit around anymore. And while I love my job it doesn’t leave me much time for the things I have to do such as writing because my ability to write seems to be based on the time of day lately. I can’t do anything worthwhile before nine PM.

I’ve been missing some of my friends though, some of the online ones and some of the ones who have moved away. What’s more shocking is the people I don’t miss, the people I might not see again and it seems I don’t care all that much about it. I guess that could be seen as cruel but many of them were more trouble than its worth.

I got a new phone this week and the first thing I did with it was send a few emails and try some skype calling out, the next thing I did was delete some old contacts. The funny thing is that even though one of my contacts has been dead for over a year and one has changed her number recently I don’t want to delete them for some reason. Both of them are still important to me and one them I still talk to.

Some others I talk to regularly just got the boot, I didn’t care to keep them around because what was there was so superficial and right now I’m just not looking for that.

One thing I want to shoot out there before I go is that my life is entering a new phase, or so I would like to think. I hope things keep looking up because its been years since I could last say they did before this.

No comments: