Thursday, July 24, 2008

Currents

Looks like Hurricane season is in full swing. Today marked the first attempt by mother nature to drown and murder scores of people in the south Texas area. Needless to say, for the size of the storm, the freak out was unwarranted. It rained a little here, it wasn't like a repeat of Allison or Katrina.



I think that with the memory of what happened with Katrina, all of the damage it caused, that people still have this fear fresh in their minds. For some people that was their first large destructive storm, some people didn't live through Andrew or the ones that preceded that. Even I vaguely remember it.



What I want to say about all of this, what's on my mind even in this storm and this bad weather, is just how much I wish I had someone to talk to, not that I can talk right now. I need to be out of the apartment and away for a while, I need to see someone who I can just sit and chat with, have some fun without having to worry about work and the like. Work has recently been one of my bigger worries.



There have been a lot of changes made and the like, and some other people seem unable to adjust to the changes and shape up. I have been trying to sell things more often like I was told to do but there is resistance from the salesmen. I don't really blame them, but they should petitioning someone higher up instead of messing with me. I don't really feel the need to let someone walk on me and back down, you know?



There's a lot going on that I don't want to think about. There's a lot going on that is beyond my control and some of which should be beyond my caring. Looks like it won't be a good week after all.

No comments: