Wednesday, October 22, 2008

...Even If It Kills Me

Well this is me getting back into the swing of things. I have made the choice that I want to write in a blog again, that is I want my blog to be a big part of my daily life or at least semi daily life. They don't have to be super long entries, but they have to be long enough.



I've been working more on honing my writing skills than anything else lately, but I am in school and really trying this time to get some serious work done. Other little distractions have popped up though to kind of take my mind off the school thing. I tend to have trouble concentrating on my writing and school work when I am under certain kinds of stress.



I think I miss having people around me that I could just walk out my door and go to visit. The apartments I live in right now don't lend me to the type of people I usually hang out with or any way to connect with the people here. And after my stint at my last job, I have becoming untrusting of others for the reason that they really can't be trusted.



Sure my core friends have stuck around and I have even sought out some of the older ones to bring them back into the inner circle but none of them are near enough that I can just go to them to feel a little less alone. One person in particular that I met a little less than a year ago has become a profound friend and been a big help for me in the way of moral and emotional support.



I have to post a little quote, its a little something from a song:



"I’m not saying that I’m giving up, I’m just trying not to think as much as I used to. Cause "never" is a lonely little messed up word. Maybe I’ll get it right some day. For the first time in a long time I can say that I want to try. I feel helpless for the most part but I’m learning to open my eyes and the sad truth of the matter is I’ll never get over it, but I’m gonna try to get better and overcome each moment in my own way." —Motion City Soundtrack

No comments: