Friday, October 24, 2008

20/20 Surgery

I think that I had started to think I wouldn't every meet anyone with whom I could actually have a real relationship with. My day to day activities have made it hard for me to meet anyone who shares the same interests as me and it seems that there aren't places that the poeple I would like to talk to go. They're sure as Hell not in clubs or out at bars for the most part. And while I can have fun at those places...its an empty shallow kind of fun; the same kind I get from eating good Chinese Food or playing Tetris.



It's not going to fulfill any major need...its just a small fix to a bigger problem.



The people I have met that I think I could actually date or would care to spend time with are either too far away or very hard to get hold of and usually busy. Meeting new people would be the normal course of action here. But where do people like me like to go?



Its really a moot point, in my current condition I couldn't see myself venturing out in the first place.



There is a funny thing though, about regrets. I can look back over the past several years and point out the mistakes I made and the things I could have done differently and possibly changed several things at once. It's weird to think about, but then I know some of them would have changed so many other things and I wonder if its worth it to have taken those chances and taken a different branch in that fork in the road.



I guess the only thing that we can learn is to take more risks...I think I am understanding that more and more.

No comments: