Saturday, June 07, 2008

Strip Clubs

I don't get the appeal behind strip clubs, especially to men who have wives and girlfriends (mostly because its just a good way to get yourself in trouble). Now I've never been to one and don't plan to go really. But its all they talk about at work some of the time. They talk about going to the strip club and eating for lunch and once or twice tried to talk me into going. I told them my basic stance on the whole thing, considering that I hardly drink and I don't want to look at strange women dance around nude; I doubt its the place for me.



I guess I can't knock something that I don't exactly know about. Even though I don't believe in trying everything. I do know, that by law you can't touch the women. If you can't touch them you're buying gas, paying a cover and watching nude women when you could do it from home on the computer of free. You can hardly click a link on the web without having nude women vaulted at you online.



Personally, I don't like the idea of watching strippers in any way shape, or fashion. Even if its a Bachelor party, if it were someone else's I'm not going to attend and if it were my own and someone called a dancer, I'd walk out. I don't have a problem with fun, but its just not fun to me (especially if I'm the one getting married soon after, its just wrong). If other people like that and have fun like that, its all fine and good. But they need to understand its not for everyone and some people have their own reasons for that.



When the conversation first came up at work the whole thing was about how everyone should see a naked woman in person, there is one guy at work who actually hasn't and they pick on him the most. He's kind of socially shy and he's not very experienced with people let alone women. When they asked me about it, I gave no details, told them I had seen girls before and promptly shot down going to the strip club. I told them I don't want to see any girl naked that I'm not in love with, only insert a harsh tone of voice and a couple of choice words. Because of my brash nature and overall demeanor they pretty much left the issue alone with me. But when it comes to the other guy they bother him all the time about it. He has enough trouble talking to the girl across the desk form us and she's fully clothed.



I've always kind of wandered how normal women feel about men they know going to these sorts of things? The girls at work all seem to be sort of weird and all so I don't trust their opinions on much. I mean in my little area of the store alone we have a former nun and a girl who's admitting to paying for sex...so I'm more interested in a normal female perspective. What do you think when your guys to these places?

No comments: