Monday, June 23, 2008

Carlin Dead

To tell the truth I never found him funny or respected his opinions on religion or a lot of things...I hadn't even thought about the guy in years.

Ah well here comes the hero worship? I know he's dead and all but I wonder if sometimes we deify the dead too often when they really didn't deserve it. I mean I don't think Carlin's material has been funny for quite sometime and most of the time when it was it was few and far between.

Its one thing to say someone lived too short a life, but when someone older dies who was famous and all, I wonder why everyone thinks they have to be made into this figure of worship for a short amount of time?

It seems very...wrong to me for some reason.

One thing I have to say is that for all his denouncement of God and making fun of religion...only he knows the answer for sure now.

No comments: