Thursday, June 05, 2008

Mistake

Should I feel inclined to help you when you run head first into you're next set of mistakes. You willfully ignore every warning sign as you dash towards that next great thing. And before long you're crying and asking me how this could happen. You're telling me you don't know how guys use you so much. Maybe you wonder why you have low self esteem.



But I think I know why, its because you let yourself be had so easily in the same manner every time. Its a maneuver off the first page of the player handbook. You ride into his waiting arms afloat upon hollow words only to feel empty yourself and gain nothing besides the whispers behind your back and more tears when its all over. What's more is I'm supposed to listen to this same tale over and over.



"He seemed so trusting," you'll say.



I'll give you a comforting glance and pat you on the back, "There, there."



But that's the problem, I'm expected to sit idly by and pick up the same pieces from the same problem all the while everything I want or like is ignored. So this is it, my last hand in my little game. I'll deal myself out.

No comments: