Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lately...

So it would seem that I have been kind of absent from the blog scene for a while. I haven't actually written in this thing as much as I promised myself that I would. I would like to say that a lot has happened but it really hasn't. My life's not a very eventful one in truth, lately I have just been going to work, coming home and hanging out here and that's it. Probably the thing keeping me from doing this the most has been writing.



When I think about writing, I just get caught up and I can never pull myself away from what I am doing. Right now I am working on two stories. But one exciting little thing, I have some pictures to post of me and friends in Austin and San Antonio. Hope everyone likes those. Now for a little bit of whats been on my mind lately:



Its become painfully obvious how shallow people are and how much they'll lie to be liked. I wish I could just meet someone who didn't lie so that others like them. It seems like it should be something that is easy and all but its not, people strive to make sure that everyone likes them and they don't understand everyone can't like you. It just doesn't work that way.



At work its more obvious than anywhere else. This girl who's quitting, I can call her Beth; she's always trying to play herself up. She talks about the thing's she's doing not as if she's just talking about what she did, but as if she's saying "hey look what I can do." It's obnoxious. She goes on and on about managing this band and the other day she got really rude with me after I voiced and opinion on something which I don't find funny. She asked did I listen to a radio station here and town and I said not since they fired everyone and changed out the people.



Then she mentioned the morning show on there, which used to have real substance and talk about stuff related to music or just about different interesting things. She talked about how she loved the new show, which every time I hear it is just talking about sex in some form or another. I'm not that kind of person that has to hear about sex all of the time and I didn't make a comment about, I just said I didn't like it.



She flies off the handle asking me if I had ever hung out with him or talked with him (the radio announcer). I just replied that I wouldn't want to. She was pissed for the rest of the day...this is why I am so glad she's quitting.

No comments: