Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Darkness

It's one thirty in the morning and I was hauling the trash out to the end of the drive way. If you have ever been here you have seen how long that could take. Well before I went out I noticed my dog barking but she is always doing that, so I ignored her. I go outside and then almost immediately when I get out there I have this super uneasy feeling. Not the same uneasy feeling I have almost constantly now (thank you LIFE), but this was something else. It felt sinister.



I don't think I have ever felt like that before, it reminded me of a dream that Brandon told me about. He said that there was something in the dream that just felt pure evil, like darkness being right there next to him. That's how it felt outside. It felt like the world outside was wrong, too quiet, the wind was gone and suddenly its very warm compared to what it was like earlier. The sky was too bright, yet the street and my yard seemed too dark. Every shadow seemed to extend further than it should have and the whole world seemed out of whack out there.



I had to put out three cans, it would usually take me fifteen minutes and I would listen to music while doing it and have a little fun with it. I didn't turn on my music tonight. I didn't think about anything else besides getting the job at hand done and getting my ass back in doors. Almost suddenly when I got back inside I felt right again. I don't know what that was I felt, I walk out into that yard every day on the way to work and I have never come across something like that.



And I hope I never do again.

No comments: