Sunday, October 18, 2009

Destiny

There’s a number of ways you can become who you’re wanting to be, it seems that they’re all harder to do than one would think. This is why I don’t believe in destinies…one can’t be destined for nothingness. You can’t be put on the Earth to be Homeless, you’re not dropped here to be a murderer. Things just happened and people just are. That’s a simple as it can get.

I had a dream that things hadn’t changed, that life was the way I felt like it should be. Not perfect, but definitely better.

Even if I can change some of the small things, move away, start over, be who I was…I can’t take back the things that ended, the people that are gone for good, the unkind words that cause schisms. Those are burned and etched in and they don’t wash clean, though they might fade with time.

At the same time I look at relationships that were never right, chances I know I want to take but never will and things that I feel like I have no control over though others might beg to differ. Sometimes I want to think that we pretty much fend for ourselves. But I remember a time when this blog helped me to save a girls life and the fact that she’s still out there because of what some would call dumb luck, might mean we’re not put here to do something meaningful all of the time, but at times we’re allowed to.

No comments: