Sunday, June 24, 2007

Mother Says

Today's not been good, the weather reflects the mood as dreary and bleak. My brother has been sick with something or other, my mother has decided to be completely and utterly negative on the subject. She and I got in an argument and she called me stupid and said I couldn't think. So I walked out of the house and went back to my place. Frankly I don't feel like putting up with that from anyone and like I said before I'm not going to sugar code things for people. I told her she needed to apologize.



Calling me stupid over an argument about a cup was out of line. I won't go into the details of the whole thing because it was dumb, but she basically told me she didn't see the need to reward stupidness by apologizing. So I stood my ground instead of rolling over and taking it, I'm not letting anyone walk on me. So I walked out.



I'm sorry to say it, but the old fashioned ways are going out. I'm not letting my kids think just because someone is older they are automatically right. What the fuck kind of logic is that? I'm going to teach my kids to look for what's right and if they do end up wrong, apologize and admit it. Don't hold on to some dumb idea.



Just because you've got further in life doesn't mean you know jack shit about it, in fact it could just mean you had a lucky draw...

No comments: