Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Actress/Model/Whatever…

Been going through and looking for people who were appropriate to model the look of characters after. Its kind of a hobby of mine, I mean no other way to describe it, I kind of like the idea of going through all of the pictures of well known and not-so-well-known people and just think “they look like X from my story” or “they look like what I would imagine X to look like from this”.

Its kind of like when I first saw Bonnie Gruesen and I thought she looked more like what I pictured Hermione to be than what I’d seen most places. Its kind of the same for my own story. Sometimes I see people who embody the character more than my own imagination.

Sadly I have lost some pictures, like the one of Lewis. But I do have two to show. One of Holly and the other of one of my D&D characters, Cissinei.

Kind of a lame blog, I know huh? Anyway, let’s get started with Miss Cissinei Saint-John

MV5BMTM2NDg1MDUwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjEyMzAxNA@@._V1._SX640_SY960_

MV5BMTMyMTMzMDUwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEyMzAxNA@@._V1._SX640_SY960_

MV5BMTc5NTA2MzgxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzEyMzAxNA@@._V1._SX640_SY960_

MV5BMTk5MTIwOTA5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUwMTk0Mw@@._V1._SX640_SY960_

These are, of course, pictures of a girl in modern clothing. But Cissinei is actually from a world closer to 14-16th century Europe. The girl in the photo’s is Nicole Weaver, an actress.

The other person I was talking about, Holly Prescott, from the novel (the one I should be working on right now) basically looks like this. 1048657210486556

10486570

This is actress Louise Brealey of Sherlock fame. Though the shows only like three episodes and they need to make more because I’m running out of things to watch.

Well that’s all for now.

No comments: