Friday, July 23, 2010

Transcending Time

I went into town to get my new inspection sticker put on my car today, and there was a huge hoopla that ended with me getting cursed out by some guy who worked at the place. I didn’t say anything back only because there was a woman and a small kid there and I wasn’t going to embarrass myself while risking fucking the kid up more.

But when the issue had ended and I was leaving an older man pulled me aside. I could tell by his accent that he’s from the area and he grew up here. He tells me how when he moved my car he saw my character sheets for Pathfinder and recognized the D20 influence. Then the man whips his phone out and shows me pictures of these tables he built to play Warhammer and D&D and he shows me these bad ass drawings of his characters and all of the shit that he made for the game.

I honestly was shocked, impressed and thought it was pretty awesome. What’s more is he complimented my character’s forethought and how well she was written. I told him thanks and just said I made her for role playing more than battle, but she could hold her own. We talked for twenty minutes and I left with a smile. I had to get my inspection elsewhere, but I was really happy to have met the dude.

No comments: