Thursday, May 14, 2009

Funeral

There's a funeral for a family member this weekend, its someone I barely know and they were very old. I didn't talk to them ever and I usually avoided them because I didn't like going to the town they lived in. Now it seems my Dad is mad at me because he thinks I should go. I hate funerals, I hate going to them especially when I don't know the person involved and it makes me feel awkward because I don't have anything comforting to say to anyone to help them out and I don't think things will be helped by me being there. I'm not a comforting person, not in the least and I don't see how I could be when the people who's family member it is seem so bent on not liking me. You see, I'm not directly related to the person who died.

He's related to someone who married into our family and I just can't go to a funeral for someone I don't know because it just seems like a chance for something to go wrong. Hell I remember when I was at my brother's funeral I wondered to myself "why are some of these people here, they never semed to care when he was alive, so why fake it now". I don't think that makes me an asshole or anything, I just think that makes me truthful.

No comments: