Sunday, February 04, 2007

Give me Envy, Give me Mallice, Give Me Your Attention...

Alright, so I had a blast yesterday, especially considering the normal mood that I have been in these past few weeks. This girl that I met at a party, Charice, she and I went out and took a nice little number of photos. It was kind of reminiscent of the time I did the same thing with Heather and Mandy. But, I got a little more ambitious this time and I a wider range of scenery to work with, and less people milling around ruin my shots. Plus I didn't use the flash or any of the flash settings so my shutter speed was way up which meant I could catch little quirky things that she pulled.



(this is Mandy for those of you who don't remember)



Here now are the photos that I liked the best, just for the people here on blogger and facebook, hope you all enjoy them!




Charice had the idea to crawl down in this tube, you can't tell here, but there were like a million asshole kids running around.




I have always liked the shots of someone up high like this, the background is photo-shopped, surprisingly I was able to do it in like two minutes. Since my class taught me a few new tricks, my skills have gone up. PHOTO SHOP LEVEL UP!




What did we learn about motion shots? Well they are hard to do when you a slower shutter, the flash is just out of the question. But realistically I really liked this picture of her on the swing, there was on that was just as good, although I haven't gotten to it in photoshop yet to shrink it down and all of that. Brandon Beecham saw a raw of one of these, its monstrously huge.




This one was kind of on the spot, I didn't even see the bench until she pointed it out. When I took this the glare seemed like it might ruin things, but the view screen has a way of over exaggerating the glare.




Let's just say I was inches from the water when I took this, almost fell in. Water is wet...it was cold.




>Somewhere along the way we figured, "Maybe turning the camera on black and white will cut down the glare." Wrong!



Well the photo inserting thing is acting up, so that's all I have for now. Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I like the one with the reflection over the water especially. It reminds me of the myth of Narcissus:

"Look not in my eyes, for fear
They mirror true the sight I see,
And there you find your face too clear
And love it, and be lost like me.
One the long night through must lie,
Spent in star-defeated sighs.
But why should you, as well as I
Perish? Gaze not in my eyes.

"A Grecian lad, as I hear tell,
One whom many loved in vain,
Looked into a forest well
And never looked away again.
There, when the turf in springtime flowers,
With downward eye and gazes sad,
Stands amid the glancing showers
A jonquil, not a Grecian lad."
- Alfred E. Housman

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Aww, i love the pics Justin! Hehe, i'm so happy you remembered me! I miss you tons! Whenever I come in sometime and you aren't busy, we should do another photo shoot. I just do not know where to take good photos like you did above with that other girl! :) Neato!!!

Unknown said...

Boze in honor of you I am calling that photo "Narcissus" from here on, and Mandy, of course I remember you. As a matter of a fact I am going to go back and work on your photos in Photo shop, since I have learned so much now.

Anonymous said...

def let me know if you do work on them, i'd love to see:)

Unknown said...

I already have done some work, I will show you where to find them when I get them posted.